Join the WEU CREW
Do you LOVE adventure, teaching, or both? Do you desire a flexible schedule? Are you ready to learn the skills and techniques that are the foundation our method through an intensive training program? Are you ready for a job that is thoroughly rewarding and FUN? We are always seeking energetic and enthusiastic individuals who love to work with kids of all ages!
Swim Lesson Instructors
Certifications & Experience:
-WSI preferred (We can certify)
-Competitive Swim Background preferred
-Experience teaching swim lessons or working with children
Qualities & Expectations :
Positive, outgoing, and caring personality.
Able to adapt lessons to each student's readiness to progress.
Ability to create and follow lesson plans including swimming drills and verbal cues to prevent boredom and increase learning.
Positive communication skills to both the student and, or guardian including knowing each student by name.
Experience teaching beginner-level child or adults to swim and to be safe in, on, and around the water.
Good instincts assessing comfort level with the water.
Patience in teaching a fearful individual.
Responsible for attending all in-services and scheduled meetings.
May be asked to assist with special programs and events throughout the facility.
Carry out additional duties assigned by Facility Management.
The Employment Process:
1. Apply online by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also bring your resume to our adventure center at 526 College Highway, Southwick, MA.
Tell us your experience level in teaching and swimming and WHY you want to work with us! What will make you a ROCK STAR instructor?
3. An intensive, hands-on training program for our unique method will be provided.
4. Training/teaching evaluations.
5. Congratulations, your name is on the schedule to teach!
6. Ongoing training and teaching in-service are required, usually at a monthly pace.